Renovations are undoubtedly the most enticing and exciting to have. Also, they don’t cost much and are highly sustainable. Not only this, but they also tend to preserve the resemblance of your old custom-made cabinets without costing much. But in some cases, people must opt for replacing the kitchen cabinets.
This is mainly needed when your cabinets are exposed to steam, water or any kind of damaging elements. Due to these, you might have to replace them sooner than it gets all the worse. Not only this, but you might also need to make a decision whether you want a complete resurfacing or want to replace those cabinets permanently. In order to make these situations less confusing, we have enlisted down some signs as to why you should avoid resurfacing and consider replacing your old, damaged cabinets in Mississauga. They are:
1) When your cabinets have water damage:
Recently, if you have found your cabinets not shutting properly, bear deep dark spots, have swollen etc then this could be due to water damage. You can definitely go for fixing them but in most of the cases, it is generally recommended to replace them. Moisture can be a suitable environment for the growth of algae and mold which can ruin your kitchen hygiene. Therefore, the signs which you must consider are:
- If there is mold.
- If the kitchen cabinets do not open or close properly.
- If the outside coatings have started to peel off.
- If the wood has started to change colour or get dark spots.
- If the wood has bubbled up.
- If the woof has warped.
2) When the cabinets are not functioning properly:
Sometimes, resurfacing the kitchen cabinets does not bring back their functionality. Therefore, if you find your cabinets quite frustrating and also they are not as efficient as before, then you should definitely go for replacing them. The signs which show that your existing kitchen cabinets are not functional as before are:
- You face difficulty to access the cabinets.
- You have to do a lot of adjustments in order to access the things kept inside them.
- If the cabinets open in a wrong manner.
- While using the drawers, if they always get stuck.
3) When your kitchen cabinets have softened:
You would definitely require kitchen renovations, if the kitchen cabinets’ walls have started to feel soft and have plumped up. You can feel this by pressing on the walls with your fingertips. In such cases, you must opt for removing or replacing the kitchen cabinets. Due to severe damage, the walls of the cabinets get softened up, therefore it mustn’t be ignored. Because of the damage persists, the doors of the cabinets can fall apart at some point in time.
4) When mold has started to grow in your kitchen cabinets:
In such cases, you must definitely go for go for a company that provides kitchen renovations Mississauga. As we all know, having mold in your cabinets can be a serious issue. It can adversely affect your family’s health. Therefore, whenever you find any trace of mold in your cabinets, with no further doubt, you must definitely go for replacing them.