If your home is for sale, and your listing is about to expire, you may be asking yourself, “WHY has my home not SOLD?”
There may be various reasons your home has not SOLD. Some of the most common reasons listings expire are:
- Property was overpriced.
- Lack of exposure in the resale housing market.
- Little or No Marketing.
- Lack of motivation to sell. (Offers not consequently not accepted.)
- Property did not show well, possibly needed minor repairs or staging.
- Property was not easy to show/did not vacate home at time of showings.
- Other active Agents in your market were not made aware of your home for sale. (Exposure.)
- Co-operating Agents were not offered attractive compensations for bringing offers to purchase your home.
- Lack of communication between yourself and the previous Agent. Little or No Feedback.
- Very few, or no Open Houses for the Public and fellow Agents.
What kind of marketing was undertaken?
1) Agent Open House
2) Public Open Houses
3) Internet Advertising
4) Just listed cards
5) MLS Listing
6) Mortgage qualification forms for buyers
7) Neighborhood/School information for buyers
8) Direct Mail
9) Print advertising
10) Property feature sheets
11) Real Estate company website
12) Real Estate Magazine Ads
13) Home Staging Professional Consultation
14) Virtual tours
*If you did not receive at least 15 of these services, you were being ” Under Serviced.”*