Nowadays, bathroom renovations can be pretty expensive. Either you are interested in replacing a section of your vanity or planning to alternate the whole design, every action requires a good chunk of money. Therefore, we have laid down some common mistakes which one usually makes during Bathroom Renovations Mississauga. Go through them carefully before you plan to proceed with your renovations. This will help you to plan more cautiously and efficiently.
1) Ignoring a proper ventilation fan: Ventilation is one of the most important things in any bathroom. Without proper ventilation, your bathroom can be nothing but a humid space of awful odours. Humidity tends to allure mildew and mould to grow. It also causes metal, paint, grouts to deteriorate and degrade. Therefore, always remember to add an appropriately sized ventilation fan to your bathroom. Also before installing the fan, make sure to clean the vent properly. This will prevent debris and dust to enter your clean space.
2) You must not lack a clear plan: Planning is always important before you take up any work. Always make sure that you involve yourself in proper planning before indulging yourself in Bathroom Renovations Mississauga. Proper planning includes making a proper list of measurements and anticipating every cost. You must also maintain a record of the type of materials you’ll be using while structuring your bathroom according to your taste. Do this planning along with your family members or the contractor. This will assist you in efficient remodelling.
3) Improper spacing: There must be proper spacing in your bathroom. Never focus more on looks than functions. Before doing the renovation, focus yourself in planning out the spacing and the layout first. After this, concentrate on its decoration. If you have already planned to crush down a wall or remove or shift some of the furniture, make sure they satisfy your needs of having proper renovation with minimal and proper spacing. They must not go against your building codes. Spacing must be done in such a way that you are able to follow your daily routine comfortably.
4) Making the wrong choice of materials: Bathrooms are always meant for facing the worst environmental condition. They are something which are more prone to get infected by moulds or mildewed. Therefore, it becomes extremely necessary to choose the right materials before renovating your bathroom. Choose those lists of materials which are resistant to humid and can sustain for the longest period of time.
5) Never be unrealistic about your budget: Before deciding on bathroom renovations in Mississauga, never be unrealistic about your own budget. Always be honest about it. Since, you have a limited amount of money to work with, therefore, stick to those things which you can really afford. If you tend to overspend on a particular thing, then you might have to cut on other things thereby giving a complete unequal look and will bring dissatisfaction to you. Also, during renovations, extra costs are bound to come. Therefore to be on a safer side, prepare the budget by considering an extra spending of 10 to 15 per cent of your expected budget.